- Responsible decision making that includes future impact and sustainability.
- Ensure that residents receive high quality services for the taxes and fees that they pay.
QUALITY OF LIFE FOR RESIDENTS
- Protect the rights and quality of life for all of our diverse populations.
- Oppose development projects that adversely impact our traffic problems.
- Support projects that we will be proud of for decades to come, that are responsible in terms of their impact to our residents and visitors, and in harmony with our infrastructure.
- Support our City’s historic preservation efforts while respecting private property rights. There must be a balanced approach to keep the unique charm of our community, while supporting great new ideas and progress.
ENVIRONMENT AND FLOODING
- Support the City’s present and future infrastructure investments and flood prevention plans to keep us dry and protect our property values!
- Do our part to reverse humanity’s impact on global warming by supporting green initiatives at the municipal level.
TRAFFIC AND TRANSPORTATION
- Support trolleys and other innovative local forms of public transportation.
- Support Uber and other alternative transportation options.
- Oppose over-development.
- Casinos would cheapen Miami Beach and degrade our quality of life.
- Miami Beach is both an exciting place to visit and a fabulous place to live. Casinos would upset that balance and degrade residential property values.
- Encourage non-gaming businesses within the City that attract tourism.
- Strong schools make Miami Beach an all-around great and attractive place to live.
- Although education is a state and school board responsibility, we must find innovative ways for our City to encourage excellence in Miami Beach schools. Good schools are good for business.
- Continue support for our International Baccalaureate program for global credibility.
- Attract STEM programs (science engineering technology & math) and further industry connections within schools (hospitality, film and TV production, technology).